The Original Splice Clamp was a request from customers wanting to glue parts end to end or edge to edge. It is also very handy for repairs to broken items like freight car loads. It also works well as a flat clamp for holding things like windows or doors into walls. The jaw length of 1-1/2" makes the clamp usefull for smaller assembly jobs. End Screws adjust Clamping Tubes to provide uniform pressure over the length of the clamp. A 1" long Base Bar Notch allows glue to be applied to back side of the joint. The 5/16" wide milled relief gives clearance for thin seam reinforcment on back side of parts. The Original Splice Clamp can be used for joining materials up to 5/16" thick.
Photo show clamp holding two DPM wall sections. Other photos show a small fence and a bridge girder section being spliced.
AC-21-1 Original Splice Clamp
- Model Number: AC-21-1
- Jaw Langth: 1.5" (38mm)
- Overall Length: 2.1" (74mm)
- Base Bar Width: 1.5" (38mm)
- Max Jaw Opening: 5/16" (8mm)
- Weight: 2.3 oz (72g)
Jaw Length in Scale Feet:
- N Scale: 160/1, 20 scale feet
- HO Scale: 87/1, 11 scale feet
- S Scale: 64/1, 8 scale feet
- O Scale: 48/1, 6 scale feet
- G Scale: 22/1, 2.75 scale feet