The Original Right Clamp was designed for the critical work of precicely assembling HO cast resin freight car kit bodies. The jaw length of 1-1/2" makes the clamp very usefull for smaller assembly jobs. End Screws adjust Clamping Tubes to provide uniform pressure over the length of the clamp. A 1" long Base Angle Notch allows location to apply glue to inside corner of the jointand adding corner stiffeners. Can also be used for joining other materials up to 5/16" thick.
One of the benifits of the 1/2" base angle is the ability to clamp in confined spaces. One photo shows 4 clamps holding 4 freight car walls atop the car roof for simultanious gluing. Other photos also show Original Right Clamps holding a wood bulkhead framework and holding trestle bents upright for gluing.
AC-1-1 Original Right Clamp
- Model Number: AC-1-1
- Jaw Langth: 1.5" (38mm)
- Overall Length: 2.1" (74mm)
- Base Angle Size: 0.5" (13mm)
- Max Jaw Opening: 5/16" (8mm)
- Weight: 1.63 oz (46g)
Jaw Length in Scale Feet:
- N Scale: 160/1, 20 scale feet
- HO Scale: 87/1, 11 scale feet
- S Scale: 64/1, 8 scale feet
- O Scale: 48/1, 6 scale feet
- G Scale: 22/1, 2.75 scale feet