The 4 Inch Splice Clamp was a request from customers wanting to glue parts end to end or edge to edge. It is also very handy for repairs to broken items like freight car loads or walls. It also works well as a flat clamp for holding things like windows or doors into walls. The jaw length of 4" makes the clamp usefull for medium size assembly or repair jobs. End Screws adjust Clamping Tubes to provide uniform pressure over the length of the clamp. Three 1" long Base Bar Notchs allow glue to be applied at back side of the joint. The 5/16" wide milled relief gives clearance for thin seam reinforcment on back side of parts. The Long Splice Clamp can be used for joining materials up to 5/8" thick.
Photos show clamp holding/splicing upper and lower sections of a trestle bent.
AC-23-1, 4 Inch Splice Clamp
- Model Number: AC-23-1
- Jaw Langth: 4" (102mm)
- Overall Length: 5.87" (149mm)
- Base Bar Width: 1.5" (38mm)
- Max Jaw Opening: 5/8" (16mm)
- Weight: 6.0 oz (188g)
Jaw Length in Scale Feet:
- N Scale: 160/1, 53 scale feet
- HO Scale: 87/1, 29 scale feet
- S Scale: 64/1, 21 scale feet
- O Scale: 48/1, 16 scale feet
- G Scale: 22/1, 7 scale feet